Sunday, September 18, 2011

Since we last met.....I started manipulating the second layer--in fact, I re-cut the blue layer on the bird-monk's robe in a lighter blue and sandblasted a pattern on it. I also did stuff (by "stuff" I mean: sandblasting, flex-shaft engraving and diamond filing) to the second layer on the red clown, the little girl kneeling in the foreground and the bird monk's head. I also cut a bunch more glass for some of the other areas.


Photoshop test to see how its coming together

2 comments:

Lori said...

I love your work and it scares the Hell out of me. I bought your book Extra Virgin three years ago, it so thrilled and inspired me that you were not making pretty glass. I am playing in glass... It's not my medium... yet... Just playing with it there is so much science and technique involved that it kind of holds me off. I love that you are out there, thanks for blogging and talking about your technique.

Judith Schaechter said...

thank you so very much!!! I don't really think about it like science though--I just blindly stumble ahead! If I did I;d be too intimidated, for sure!