Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Hoo boy, did I ever do a lot of painting in the past 24 hours! Let me say one thing: this is atypical. I almost never work on the whole image at once like this. This is made possible by the amount of decision making that went into the first panel that affects this panel. The bottom dead guy has a leg in the other panel so I know what his pants should look like, for example.
These skeletons are from a particularly schweeeeeet doodle that I made in about one second at a meeting.
Doodling is the single most important aspect of my work (and many other artists as well). Doodling is the (OK "a") secret key to making art. No joke!!!! Without doodling, I would probably keel over and wither and die. I doodle, therefore I am.

2 comments:

Diane Irvine Armitage said...

I love the doodle! And your window is coming along wonderfully. I so enjoy seeing your creative process!

Judith Schaechter said...

thanks!!