Tuesday, August 6, 2024

Phake Photo Show!

 Covid taught me how to walk.  Before that, I rode a bike everywhere and my hip flexors tightened into the kind of rubber bands you associate with orthodontia.  During covid, something happened to my eyesight which turned out to be this.  I stopped riding my bike because my depth perception was crap and I started walking.  Soon my hip flexors sorted themselves out and the unthinkable happened.  I fell in love with walking!  

Second piece of contextual info: before UArts imploded, I was an adjunct professor of "Interdisciplinary Fine Art" (they had folded their renowned and fantastic Crafts Program in 2019, apparently the first of a series of giant heartbreaks associated with UArts, where I was employed for 30 years).  I was teaching a class called "Projects" and because it was a core class in Fine Arts, this included Photography students.  I had the great honor of co-teaching with such great artists and educators as Anne Massoni, David Graham, Shawn Theodore and Juliana Foster.

And anything I thought I knew about photography was eradicated during this time!  I felt a little out of my depths teaching photo students, but it is one of my fondest memories--looking at their works in Lightroom and considering what it means to make a decent photo. 

All of this to say, I have NO CLUE what I am doing as a photographer and I make no real artistic claims here.  Its just a "hobby" for me.  Here is a curated set of my favorite pics I have taken on my "covid walks" (and other things I have encountered doing goodness knows what).  They are things that caught my eye and seemed worthy of making a photo of.

 There are two other "photo essays" (i.e. pics that must be seen as a series because they don't really stand alone.  Ladies of the Pandemic and Philly Bouquets



CLICK TO EMBIGGEN!


Untitled

Smoking Kills

Nicotine Fiend

November 1

River

Fake De Saedeleer Painting

Urban Jellyfish

Untitled

Ridiculously Elegant Leaves

Jan 2

The Saddest Little Garden Ever

Arrangement in Grey and Green No. 1

Yorick Faculty Meeting

Bathtub Swirl

Covid Emergency

Charlie Brown

Stool

Philly Bouquet

Better Living Through Anthropomorphism

Magritte Facade

Last Man

Untitled

Cat Lady

Untitled

Snowy

Dead Baby Squirrel

Our Valued Passengers

Face Plant
Hospital Driveway



Symbiosis

Hail Satin





























2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Judith, Thank you for sharing your hobby. The Phake Flake Photo Show has a consistent tremor, slow dry humor, and a Judith stamp. I want to put clever sarcastic comment with each image but it is not easy enough so I am walking on. A secret admirer.

Anonymous said...

Oh HELL, your succret admonisher is David H.