Monday, May 29, 2017

Five drawings

Here are five drawings for new pieces.  Actually, they are officially cartoons, meaning they show how I am planning on cutting the glass.
I often start with a gawdawful collage of images of body parts, some drawn by me and some culled from the interwebs. 
Example:
Her head and bust are existing glass I have already made.
That sketch is enough to get going in glass, but I am procrastinating.  So I decided to draw them nicely.  I thouhgt it might be a good idea to be influence by the drawing style of John Flaxman--an engraver with a particularly clear and coherent way of drawing.

This one is based on an emblem I particularly love.  "Semper Idem" means "always the same", fyi.




3 comments:

Puke Skywalker said...

meow

Anonymous said...

Your drawing/work/career reminds me of Stanley Spencer in some ways. Its hard to compare you to other artists. This is meant as a compliment.

Anonymous said...

nice post thanks for your sharing,


goldenslot mobile
จีคลับ
gclub