Ladies and gentlemen: here is the Garden of Eden, completed.
Click on it so you can actually maybe see it, if you please!
It is the bottom half of a piece I will be titling “The Birth of Eve”…all those plans, of course are subject to change.
Sketch (photoshop, human hands)
I posted process shots here and on facebook and... oh look! Here they are again:
For god's sake click to enlarge!
The process is as follows:
1. Sandblast glass to get some areas clear (on the red layer sandblast to clear where anything will be blue, green, yellow, pink or clear . Sandblast the blue to clear where anything will be red, orange, yellow, pink or clear. Sandblast the pink to clear wherever you want things to be blue, green or clear or yellow. Is that confusing? No worries! You don’t really have to conceptualize this that much—just sandblast!!!! )
2. Use permanent maker to delineate design
3. Engrave flowers on both layers
4. Paint, then fire the paint
5. Engrave a bit more
6. Paint again and fire
7. Last paint and fire (if it needs it)
8. Silverstain and fire
9. Engrave the silverstain
Also for your perusal are images of the layers separated.
These lead lines are fake so you can read the image easier.
Now that the how-to is evident, go off and make one of these suckers. I dare you!